Friday 23 September 2011

Redux and welcome and things

I used to keep a blog, a long time ago when I lived in Japan. I would post lots of pictures, and natter on about life in Japan and all the surprises it would entail. I published the blog primarily so that my family and friends would know what I was up to without me having to email each and every one of them. I think other people read my blog too, but I'm not sure how frequently because I had no stats tracking at the time.


But then I returned to New Zealand, and no longer felt like blogging my daily life. I haven't blogged since 2007.


Well, this week is the SpecFicNZ blogging week and I'm now all inspired to start up a new blog. I've imported some of my posts about Japan from my old blog, because they make interesting viewing. I weeded out some of the more boring posts, such as when I burbled on about vegetables I had bought or how cool (?) my Sony Walkman MP3 player was.


What am I intending to write about at this new blog? Recently I've been having a serious crack at writing fiction. I've been working hard on honing my skills. I have also joined SpecFicNZ, the national association for creators, writers and editors of speculative fiction in and from New Zealand. I've even been elected to the SpecFicNZ Committee. I can therefore reasonably predict that writing will be a frequent topic.


As for what else I will be blogging about, I'm really not sure. Guess I will have to write and find out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catherine,
Glad to see you making a go of it again in the blogoshpere:) I for one am looking forward to reading your posts:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine! nice to see you blogging :-) I'll be checking in as well. Looking forward to reading.

Starcryer said...

Yahy, you are blogging again! :D I have waited so long!

Unknown said...

:D Well, M, I guess I finally feel like I have something to say again. I made a new blog so that it could be attached to my new Google account. It's been so long since I blogged that Google bought Blogger in the interim!