Saturday 29 December 2012

Writing resolutions 2013

I have just put together my writing resolutions for 2013. I thought I would blog them here so that they are public, I am accountable for them, and you can call me on it at the end of the year if I don't achieve them. Without further ado:


Write first drafts of:

Three Dimensions Trilogy novelettes between books 1 and 2
12,000 words each, total 36,000

Reality Shifting, Dimensions Trilogy book 2
80,000 words

Three prequel Senjima no Monogatari novellas
20,000 each, total 60,000

Total writing goal:
176,000 words total
3520 per week (for 50 weeks)
704 per day (5 days a week)

Additional goals:

Revise Symmetry Breaking, Dimensions Trilogy book 1
Revise one Dimensions Trilogy novelette
Revise one Senjima no Monogatari novella


Breaking it down to a daily word count makes this list of resolutions look surprisingly achievable. I already know that I can easily write 700 words a day and not run out of puff. All I need to do is get in the habit of outlining or revising other stories after I have hit my daily word count. If that alone is my goal for 2013, I think I can manage that.

No comments: