Friday 10 August 2012

New title for my novel?

For the past few months I have been referring to my novel in progress as Symmetry Breaking, which is a term I picked up from a physics book. It seemed appropriate in a way because a large chunk of the worldbuilding for my story is inspired by M-theory (because I am that much of a geek). But I've been thinking of Symmetry Breaking as a tentative title, even though it reflected the theme, because it didn't sound quite right. This is a fantasy novel after all, not hard SF.

Yesterday a different title popped into my head – Dimensions of the Mind. May I ask your opinion on these titles? Do you:


  • Prefer Symmetry Breaking?
  • Prefer Dimensions of the Mind?
  • Think they both suck?

Please let me know what you think in the comments below.

1 comment:

Starcryer said...

I didn't know that Symmetry Breaking was a physics term, I thought it was very poetic and a great fantasy title.
Dimensions of the mind sounds a bit like a psychology manual?