Sunday 9 September 2012

First week of revisions

At the risk of sounding like I'm whinging, revising a novel is much, much harder than writing a first draft. I say this not because it surprises me; I was expecting it. I'm just making an observation. And making an excuse to myself of why I haven't made as much progress this week as I wanted to.

My first reaction to my manuscript when I opened the project file last weekend was 'Oh my goodness, this is crap. I'll never be able to fix this'. I've only just overcome that feeling and convinced myself that I can fix it, if I put the work in.


Have you ever been in this position in a creative project? How did you banish the doubt so you could get to work?


1 comment:

Kiwi said...

Holly Lisle has brilliant cources available for revising novels at her website HollyLisle.com She also has great revision guides on her free tips pages.
I enjoyed her How To Revise Your Novel Course HTRYN.